There are many ways that you can volunteer to help students in need:
- Provide mentorship for a student who is wanting to learn more about a vocational or business career
- Help provide support on field trips and other outside of school events
- Provide students with an opportunity to experience some event that might never be possible for them (example, go to the theatre, an NBA basketball game, etc.)
- Provide classroom or other support when available and if you meet qualifications
- Provide a presentation on something that would be of interest to students such as how you entered your career.
- Provide a presentation regarding how you overcame difficulties and challenges in your life and what it takes to become successful.
Of course, these are just a few ideas, and the ways that you can help students are only limited by your creativity. The main idea that we want to convey is that we believe that every person has unique gifts and abilities that would be of benefit to our students. We believe students’ greatest need is to have healthy relationships with adult role models. Only a little of your time could make a significant difference in their lives!
If you are considering becoming a volunteer or have questions about what you could offer our students in the way of time or resources, please contact Rebecca Black at (503)281-9597 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We would love to hear from you!