Volunteer with Oregon Outreach
Volunteer with OOI., and you will help bring education and learning opportunities to the youth and adults of Oregon and help earn their high school diploma. Our volunteers are proud of the work we do to help the students and prepare them for success.
If you are considering becoming a volunteer or have questions about what you could offer our students in the way of time or resources, please contact either McCoy, Molalla, or Scappoose Academies. We would love to hear from you!
Or if you are ready to volunteer please contact us and let us know the academy you wish to volunteer with.
There are many ways that you can volunteer to help students in need:
- Provide mentorship for a student who wants to learn more about a vocational or business career
- Help provide support on field trips and other outside of school events
- Provide students with an opportunity to experience some event that might not be immediately possible for them (example, go to the theater, NBA game, concert, etc.)
- Provide classroom or other support when available, if qualifications are met
- Provide a presentation on something that would be of interest to students such as how you entered your career
- Provide a presentation regarding how you overcame difficulties and challenges in your life and what it takes to become successful
Of course, these are just a few ideas, and the ways that you can help students are only limited by your creativity. The main idea that we want to convey is that we believe that every person has unique gifts and abilities that would be of benefit to our students. We believe students’ greatest need is to have healthy relationships with adult role models. Only a little of your time could make a significant difference in their lives!