Youth Protection Policy
Youth Protection Policy
- Purpose: The purpose of this Youth Protection Policy is to establish guidelines and procedures to ensure the safety and well-being of high school students involved in Oregon Outreach Inc activities and programs.
- Scope: This policy applies to all staff, educators, volunteers, contractors and anyone associated with Oregon Outreach Inc who has contact with minor students.
- Code of Conduct: All individuals associated with Oregon Outreach Inc must adhere to a code of conduct that prohibits any form of abuse, harassment, exploitation, or inappropriate behavior towards high school students.
- Screening and Selection: All staff, educators, and volunteers who have direct contact with high school students must undergo a thorough screening process, including background checks, reference checks and appropriate training.
- Training: Oregon Outreach Inc will provide mandatory training on youth protection to all staff, educators, and volunteers, covering topics such as recognizing signs of abuse, appropriate behaviors, and reporting procedures.
- Two-Adult Ride: Where possible, there should be a minimum of two unrelated adults present at all times during high school activities to prevent situations where a single adult is alone with a student.
- Physical Contact: Physical contact between adults and students should be appropriate and in line with commonly accepted practices. Any physical contact should be non-exploitative, non-abusive, and supportive of the student's well-being.
- Reporting Procedures: Any suspicions or knowledge of abuse or inappropriate behavior must be reported immediately to the school administrator at Oregon Outreach Inc. All reports will be treated confidentially, and the appropriate authorities will be notified if necessary.
- Response and Investigation: Oregon Outreach Inc is committed to responding promptly and thoroughly to any allegations of abuse or inappropriate behavior. An investigation will be conducted, and appropriate actions, including disciplinary measures and legal interventions, will be taken.
- Communication: Parents/guardians will be informed about the youth protection policy at Oregon Outreach Inc. Any concerns or incidents will be communicated transparently and promptly to the involved parties.
- Review and Revision: This policy will be reviewed periodically to ensure its effectiveness and relevance to the high school setting at Oregon Outreach Inc. Updates and revisions will be made as needed.
- Acknowledgement: All individuals associated with Oregon Outreach Inc must read and understand this Youth Protection Policy and commit to its principles and compliance.
By adopting and enforcing this Youth Protection Policy, Oregon Outreach Inc is committed to creating a safe and supportive environment for all high school students involved in its activities and programs.